IFish Fishing Forum banner

fly gear for trade...List here ONLY!

218K views 376 replies 192 participants last post by  boblee81 
#1 ·
Let's try doing a swap thread... Swaps fly fishing items only please, nothing for sale. Just what you got and what you want. Try to do the deals via pm's or email. (Mod note: Giz edited some of the original post...have fun...Giz)

From LNF: Got
SA System 2L 67 reel and 3 spare spools - all new in boxes.
SA System 1 456 reel - about 5 yrs. old, good condition.
SA System 1 456 reel, 2 spare spools with lines - older but still have some life in them.

Want
Fly tying vise - newer, rotary type
Fly tying materials for nymphs - hare's mask, dark brown blended hare's ear, brown turkey biots, white turkey biots

#219 ·
I have a Sage Launch 6 weight 4 piece rod & a Tibor Tail Water CL reel with Rio Gold WF line on it up for trade, It is in near perfect condition I purchased new and only used for a 3 day trip this summer. I paid $400 for the reel, $175 for the rod and $70 for the line I have the Box and warranty card for the reel I will separate I'm interested in trading for binoculars, bowtech bow, trail cams ect. ect. PM me with trades! thanks!

#220 ·
I have too much fly gear.

I am looking to trade fly fishing gear for a modern intel-based Mac computer, especially a Unibody macbook pro.

I currently have an older powerbook that does not process any HD video. If you have a computer that you are willing to part with, PM me with what you have AND what you are looking for. I have freshwater, saltwater, and spey equipment. Thanks.

#221 ·
I have a Dec Hogan 7130 13' 7wt spey used 4 times for trade, comes with 510gr and 540gr skagit heads......looking for a pontoon float, preferably a 9ft, but as long as it is rated for over 350-400lbs...I paid $350 for the rod and the skagit heads are $50 a piece.......pm me with what you got....thx Tim

#222 ·
I have a couple William Joseph packs I received as gifts. As cool as they are, I probably won't ever use them. Both are brand new, never used, with tags.

First is the "Current" pack. It closes with magnets, coolest thing I've ever seen, but I have one of their older models that I still use.

Second is their Old School backpack. It's a little smaller than I'd like.

I'm a sucker for the William Joseph gear as it is quality for a decent price. I have six more of their packs, two of their jackets, some of their tools and a hat.

Willing to trade for a large name-brand waistpack, a nice switch rod, rod building supplies, or other fishing stuff. Must be in excellent condition.

*Pictures are stolen from the internet.

Attachments

#231 ·
What I got:

Rio Indicator 7wt. Almost new. Very clean line used only several times.

Teeny T300 I've used this line on many rigs. It's still in good shape and it's never been cut down. It has some years though so not worth much.

Mountain Cork single rod and reel case/tube in brown cordura. Fancy embroidered carry strap. For 9' 2 pc rods.

Mountain Cork double rod and reel case/tube in black cordura. This one is the USA made plush lined model. It's a great way to keep a couple 9' single handers in the boat safely.

What I want:

A pair of spare waders. I would love a pair of Goretex Simms. I would take a pair of Patagonia, Baileys, Redington etc. I'm not expecting the moon, but something a little better than hodgemans or allen etc.

Got an old blank laying around you never got to building? Classic American rods needing rewrapped?

Obviously, I'd add some cash to make up the difference for the waders etc.

#233 ·
Up for trade:

St. Croix Imperial Switch 7WT 11'

Echo TR Spey 8WT 13'6"

Lamson Guru 4.0

What I am looking for: The right Scott, Beulah, Winston, etc. 5WT Fly Rod or ?
Let me know what you have and I will get pictures out to you of the gear you are interested in trading for.

For the right rod I would be will to throw in some cash on top if needed.

#240 ·
I am looking for a 7' 6" or shorter 3wt rod, i have in trade a 4pc 9' 6wt cabelas wind river rod and reel. Reel comes with wf6f line. Rod has never been fished.

#242 ·
Danvise, bench table and fly leafs

Have a great condition Danvise with small oak bench table and two foam fly leafs for drying flies. Bought it, then next day found a good deal on a Norvise and couldn't resist. Have the Norvise package in the classifieds for $80. Also willing to trade it and cash for a quality 4" + reel for a 9 wt. switch rod. What have you got?

#243 ·
NEW Sage TCX 9' 6wt 4pc for Sage Xi3 or Crosscurrent GLX 9' 6wt 4pc?

Hey guys, anyone out there willing to trader a newer model Lamson Litespeed 3 + 300.00 for my Brand New SAGE TCX 9' 6wt 4pc with tube and warranty card?
Rod has wood reel seat and no fighting butt.

Also willing to trade:
Sage Xi3 9' 6wt 4pc w/fighting butt. must be new w/tube,warranty card
GLoomis GLX Crosscurrent 9' 6wt 4pc w/fighting butt. must new w/tube

OR buy rod outright for 450.00. Rod retails for 795.00

Let me know asap! Thought I needed this rod but need new reel for new 7wt and money more.

#246 ·
Well I want to get some new line, I have a medalist reel and only god knows how old the thing is, along with the line on it. I think it might be a 5/6wt with 5/6wt line on a very light fiber glass pole so casting it is not very easy and it no longer floats well, I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade some fly line for flies, does not have to be anything special. As long as its floating and light weight. Like 1-4 since I mainly use it for small fish fishing. If anyone is interested lemme know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.