IFish Fishing Forum banner

How'd you spend your T-Day morning???

760 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  steelheadslayer 
#1 Ā·
How\'d you spend your T-Day morning???

Need I say more??

OK, I will. Hit the water this morning at daylight with FSHKLR and scouted some new water. Had fish rolling in the first hole and all subsequent holes we hit but could not buy a bite. Tried jigs of varying colors and sizes, eggs, prawn tails and zip, nada, nothing. We had to be back early so we finished the hole in the pic with having multiple fish that we could see looking hard at our jigs and Dan had a vicious takedown on his bobber&jig but nothing came to him.

I myself, think he had some kind of muscle spasm, shhh. don't tell him. :jester::grin:

We then tied on some spinners and started making our way back upriver. Still seeing fish roll and can't get any takers. Meet up with 2 other diehards and they told us they each had one apiece that they must have released because we didn't see them carrying anything. End up back at the first hole and Dan quickly hooks a dark silver jack and proceeds to have numerous other fish follow his spinner. It was his first non trout he ever caught on a spinner, I think he's hooked now. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I caught a dark silver and a really nice cutthroat on 2 different spinners and then it was time to hightail it home.

Dan, an awesome fishing partner and heck of a guy to spend the morning with. We'll have to do it again. :smash: :smash: :cheers:

See less See more
#2 Ā·
Re: How\'d you spend your T-Day morning???

On the East Fork Lewis with my son Evan and Cartman..... Not a better way to spend Thanksgiving Morning, being thankful for the beautiful place we all get to call home, even though we didn't see a fish. Did get to see a bald eagle crusing through the Valley we were fishing, it was awesome. Drifted with conventional corkies and also casted a few flies with the 8 wt's. A little early as the river is at summer levels, less than 500 cfs.

#3 Ā·

Nice pic Earl!! :wave:(I've got to fix the date stamp next time :crazy:)
I had a blast this morning swapping gear advice, terminal tackle tips, and a trip well made to learn new low gin clear water!! :bowdown: :dance: :applause:

I was amazed by my first spinner SLAM!(All I can say is FREAKIN COOL!) and will be using these more often along with my new jig patterns. (maybe muscle spasm...maybe...... :smash: Expect a fish with every cast :wink:)

Note***

Earl is a great fishing partner:dance:and a spinner GURU :bowdown:!! We together covered a half mile of water splitting up riffles, tailouts, headwater and pockets, and those spots that just had to be shared as they looked prime for metal!! I had a blast!!
wish I had more time to check out another mile, but that can be next times trip :cool:!!

Thanks Earl for the trip..A very memorable Turkeyday, with a few hook ups, and a great bud on the water to start the day!

:cheers: Sparkling Cider

#6 Ā·

Well, I tied up leaders and sorted tackle boxes in the morning and then after dinner, I fabricated two brackets and two mounts for propane heaters for the boat! :grin: :grin: :grin:

#8 Ā·

RR, this is the first year in quite a few that I had off. With my rotation I got lucky on the draw this year. I do have to work Christmas Eve and New Years Day this year though. :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

#9 Ā·

We went fishin' but without much catchin'... but it was a great morning on the river. We went to McNary and released one small wild steelhead and missed a few other hits on shrimp. Nada trolling for us although we saw a few caught on plugs.

Tomorrow: off to John Day!

#11 Ā·

Took my 5 yr. old son Lucio for his first coastal chinook trip. Floated the Kilchis from the bridge down, did a little fishing and did our best to stay out of the way of the spawners while marveling at the numbers. :bigshock: Wild guess but I'd say we saw 500+, mostly chum, and a couple chrome chinook in the mix. It started raining about 10 and never stopped. At about 2:00 Lucio turned to me and said, "I'm getting cold", so down to the ramp we went... never complained and said he can't wait to do it again. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Guess we are doing something right here cause when I said "hey, did you see those two fish just roll over there?", he replied "yeah, but the water is shallow so they must be digging their redds so we better leave them alone." :angel:
Gotta go get the turkey in the oven... the family celebration is today... but I give thanks for yesterday.
lnf

#13 Ā·

I was on the water early, landed a bunch of chrome silvers, got off the river just as the hard rain started, and rolled into the driveway just as the turkey was coming out of the oven.

Ate enough to kill a man.

Had a pretty good Thanksgiving.

#14 Ā·

Went down to the wilson with my dad and brother. Fished for a while with no bites so we went on down to mills bridge. There were about 15 guys fishin and 1 fish as dark as a boot on the bank. We were only there for 20 min and we saw 4 fish on. 3 were dark and unuseable and the last we didnt see. Moved on to one more hole and saw 2 guys come out with a dark chinook and a nice steelhead.

#17 Ā·

I spent the day with Mrs. Beee in the hospital. I'm proud to say that we have a new addition to our family. Our first child, David Alexander, AKA "BabyBeee". :angel1:
I'll put a pic and my announcement soon.
Beeeeeeeeee

#18 Ā·

Congrats killerbeee :yay: :yay: :dance: :dance: :applause: :applause:

Fishing is great but the birth of a child is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.