IFish Fishing Forum banner

I'm new here

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  corky23 
#1 ·
I\'m new here

Hi all,

I've acually been around for a while but I just got around to registering.

I don't have much of a story to tell but I can say that I'm one of the few people to have taken a 1974 17.5' Tri-hull out 34 miles to the chicken ranch to catch halibut on opening day this year (and other occations)

#10 ·
Re: I\'m new here

HI IM NEW TO IFISH
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SAY HELLO

WHAT CAN I SAY I LOVE TO FISH .RAISED ON THE LEWIS RIVER I HAVE FISHED ALL MY LIFE !!
I ALSO HUNT AND I TREAT THE OUTDOORS W/ PRIDE AND RESPECT. SOMETHING MY DAD PASSED ON TO ME FROM ENDLESS HUNTING AND FISHING TRIPS.THIS SITE KICKES BUTT !!! NEXT WEEK I WILL BE FISHING THE EAST FORK OF THE LEWIS AND THE COWLITZ .ANY FISH REPORT WILL BE HELPFUL

SPAWN TILL YOU DIE !!!!

#13 ·

:cheers: Welcome aboard, CrazyFish .

If you went to the chicken ranch on the first Halibut day this season, then you truely are crazy! If I remember correctly, it was not a nice ocean.

Looking foward to your story,

Peace, Tom

[ 11-30-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: puffins crew ]

#17 ·

Two- two- two new members in one!

Crazy Fish, and low water killer-- welcome to ifish! We are up and running! Whooo hoooo!

Jen

#20 ·

Welcome Crazyfish and low water killer. Keep the wild escapades coming, we love to hear how we aren't the only 'crazy' ones out there. :cheers:

#21 ·

CrazyFish - I'd say that that 30+ mile trip you took to fish for halibut is a helluva story but I want details!!! I had a 1970 19ft Larson Shark Camper (tri-hull) once & that was one slammin' bow-crushing ride thru the chop- no fun :hoboy: ... I can't imagine riding 30+ miles! :shocked: Ouch.

LOW WATER KILLER..... I know who you are and why don't we tell everybody about the last trip we took to T-Bay? :grin: Hmmmm... shall we?

Full Freezer

#22 ·

The one that got away!!!!!!

It was the end of June and we had just gotten back to the Rock Pile from the Chicken Ranch. We had already picked up respectable Halibut at the Chicken Ranch (48" & 50") in about 30 miniutes, so we dropped in on top of our favorite Ling Cod spot at the RP. Well the ling cod weren't biting but we did get some hard hits :smile: . Now keep in mind that I was fishing with a Burkly Sturgon rod with a Penn 113 and 100lb power pro line. This fish took me 45 min. just to get it near the boat from 155' deep. Every time I would get it up 20' it would run down again and agian.
Oh ya and while I'm fighting this one my buddy hooked a big one too.
OK, so as soon as I got it to the boat it took a run towards the back of the boat and broke the 100lb steel leader, but at least I got a look at it. It was a Halibut that was at least 90lbs if not bigger.
My buddies fish was also another Halibut that we guessed at about 80-90lbs, however we released it since we already had our fish for the day.

For the record this story is true. :cheers: :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.