IFish Fishing Forum banner

Lake Merwin Muskie tips?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ragnar 
#1 Ā·
I am really interested in fighting one of these from my kayak, but would like some tips, lures, location, etc....

anyone familiar with fishing for em there?

I have seen some BIG ones swimming around the docks, teasing me :smile:

any info would be appreciated!

Mike

#2 Ā·
Big buck tail spinners and rip them as fast as you can. dont forget to do a figure 8 before you take it out of the water. if trolling with crank baits put a 5 ounce cannon ball sinker about 4' in front of lure and troll at about 6 knots keep the lure in the prop wash these tactics have worked everywhere I have fished for them and I grew up in Michigan and have boated about 200 of them.

#10 Ā·
The biggest Rostertail spinner that I had worked :cool: I don't think I've ever had a fish hit so hard before :shocked: was pretty dang wild I'm tellin ya :bigshock:

LoL,
Best time to be there is after noon around 3-4PM when they get done cleaning the...oh wait :laugh: better not tell, then everyone would know where I'm talking about :grin:

PS. Having second thoughts about swimming up there now after seeing the mouth and teeths of them things up close :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.