IFish Fishing Forum banner

Coho wiggle Warts?

14K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  Mrdorkfish 
#1 ·
Been doing well with fire tiger warts lately 9 - 14 over 3 days in local tribs.... but what other plugs / Color patterns, are you plug guys using in the tribs for coho if any???

Just looking to add 2 or 3 favorites to the arsenal.

P.M if needed.

#4 ·
Pink metallic worts have been a killer for me . 100 % of the silvers I caught last year were on this wort . It will be my go to lure again this year unless things change .

#8 ·
If you can find them, storm v94, they quit making them a few years ago, we bought 30 of them, but only have a few that still work out of the 15 or so left... v95's have also worked as a replacement (a little darker pink) but if you let them soak in the sun for about a week, they get closer to the old color, If you can't get either of those, we usually use brads in pink (not sure the pigment) but one year we got 27 silvers in 2 weeks with those colors! good luck!

-Michael

P.S. we usually take them and draw herring bone patterns on them with a sharpie to set them apart from all the other pink wigglewarts! just an idea for you to try!

#9 ·
Dan, just come by sometime and I'll show you my box. I'm heading out maybe a couple days this week to give her a shot, a little west, you know where, and then south a short ways, both tidewater. You in sometime?

#11 ·
Pink, green, blue, red, black, chartruse, purple.

Other than those, I rarely get fish on any other colors.

#26 ·
How are y'all fishing them? I'd hate to think how many casts it took last year for me to get one jack coho on a pink wiggle wart.

I like the thought of fishing plugs and have most of the colors mentioned. One other question- what color is "fire tiger"

tia, aw
"BW 74" Backtrolled and casting.......it has an orange belly stripe.

#22 ·
When they're biting, I don't think there is a color made that won't work. When they're not biting, I don't think there is a color that will.

But if I needed to catch a fish to win a bet, a flourescent orange or fl pink would be my pick. Next would be blue/silver. Blue or green pirates are pretty reliable for me as well.

#29 ·
When they're biting, I don't think there is a color made that won't work. When they're not biting, I don't think there is a color that will.

But if I needed to catch a fish to win a bet, a flourescent orange or fl pink would be my pick. Next would be blue/silver. Blue or green pirates are pretty reliable for me as well.

Storm used to make one that was just a solid orange
No floro no glitter
I still have 2 of these and they always get the job done
Brads has one that is a shade or 2 darker and I have yet to get bit on one of those

#24 ·
The furiousity of my furiousness has yet to be surpassed. No matter the color(Or lack of).

Quah quah quah quah

#25 ·
The BW -94 (Cerise/Purple/char butt) as worked awesome for me as well as the BW-09 (fluorescent orange with silver flakes.) You also cant go wrong with the old chrome with blue herring bone.

#33 ·
u mean the thing in that picture above is a fire tiger??? have always called those the "Hot"(hence, the red belly) tiger and the "fire" tigers are the ones that are a flourescent reddish pink(and hence, whole thing is on "fire") with "herringbone"(black squiggles) on the sides???:passout:

#35 ·
Have to put my two cents in....Down on the North Umpqua I have fished for about 10 years now - it's bank only fishing, but the way the river is set up it's like your out of a boat - pulling plugs are lethal.

I have used just about every color out there - and the HOT TIGER has outfished them all. I am not too sure if the color has an impact like we think it does. After evaluating this for a long period of time I am beginning to believe it's the contrast of colors (just like fishing with jigs). The Hot Tiger has one of the best contrast - under the sun or on a cloudy day.

HOT TIGER it is.

#37 ·
I have no idea what the majority want to call it....The Brads website name the pattern "Fire Tiger", and back when I used rapalas, bombers, rebels, etc, fire tiger is what you see...old storm colors and names may or maynot share some patterns.
Here's a link to the colors and names for Brads wigglers.
http://bsfishtales.com/prod_alt.asp?alt_id=41&sub_id=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.