IFish Fishing Forum banner

Where To Find E0 (ethanol free fuel)

39K views 97 replies 66 participants last post by  KChookem 
#1 ·
Now that sb 1079 has passed
We need to find locations where the fuel will be sold for our boats off road vehicles and small tools and airplanes.

Here is a start

http://iflyit.net/index.php?board=8.0

any other places please list them

#84 ·
For anyone driving down I5 you can stop at the gas station on the Northbound side of the freeway at Coburg just before you get to Eugene and they have the Ethenol Free stuff.
I filled up there last year on the way to Diamond Lake and I suspect I will again this year.
I seem to remember is ran about a $1/gallon more than the regular gas??

#85 ·
Thanks for all the good info; but just a note for the serious! Stabil has alcahol in it which adds to the water in fuel problem. My best performance has come by using the factory fuel stabilizer, fuel dryer, and engine cleaner in each tank. I have both 2 stroke and 4 stroke motors.
I really notice it with my 4 stroke...

#87 ·
Out here in Sandy OR. Shorty's Corner has non ethanol fuel now. A couple mile east of town.
DAB

#92 · (Edited)
Onto the next battle, anyone know where to find Bio free Diesel or D-0? Now that all pumps in oregon must pump a 10% biodiesel blend that harms the fuel lines and injection pump seals on older diesels? Not to metion the 2008-2010 duramax cannot handle bio of any % since it fires the injectors during the exahust stroke- the bio washes off the engine oil from the cylinders and causes top compression ring wear- it also gets into the engine oil and fouls the cat- need proof? watch one of those tri-met vans with the powerstroke that have been fed B-20 for a few years now, you will see a huge cloud of blue smoke when they take off from a light due to upper pistion ring wear!
sigh

#93 ·
You have a good bit of bad info going on there...

The requirement in Oregon is 5% biodiesel, not 10%. Biodiesel is not as corrosive as ethanol in regards to hoses and gaskets, but it does tend to break down deposits in your fuel tank/fuel lines and send it to your fuel filter (or injector pump). Biodiesel actually has higher lubricity than dinosaur diesel, so that blue smoke you are seeing is likely not from piston wear due to fuel.

I don't know Duramax engines, but Ford's new 6.7 diesel is warrantied for use with 20% biodiesel. I've put 100,000+ miles on my two diesels on B5 or B20 fuel, no fuel related issues for me beyond one plugged up fuel filter. One of them is a 2006 VW Jetta with a lot of emissions stuff on it. VW only warranties their engines for B5, but the reason they give for that is the lack of quality control on home-brewed biodiesel around the country, not the basic properties of the fuel.

It does cause other problems. Gunk in the fuel line is one. If it sits, it can go bad more quickly than standard diesel, and fuel filters need to be replaced more frequently. It is also worse than dinosaur diesel at gelling in cold weather, which is why B20 is generally the highest percentage offered. In the winter months I always treat my fuel for my vehicles w/ PowerService to deal with the gelling problem.

#94 ·
Probably already posted but Fred's Marina has some non E fuel in Linton (near Sauvie island). I had the pleasure of watching a guy fill his boat for over $1K and that was 1/2 a tank..........ouch!!!!!

The non E cured my problems on the weed eater and dirt bike so thanks Fred's!

#95 ·
If your in Chinook for Buoy 10, non-ethanol is at both Chinook Country store at $3.99 per gallon or the marina at $4.13 per gallon. I did not check the octane rating however. I fuel my boat there and have noticed any difference. I still continue to use a fuel additive at every fill up.

#98 ·
West Salem on Hwy 22 has reopened a small station that is now advertising 92 oct, and the price was $4.58/gallon. I do not know their open hours, or who supplies their fuel, and I've not purchased products there.

The "Quality Gas" station is easy to miss... it located on the north side of Hwy 22 at Stoneway Dr NW, which is approx 1.5 miles west of the Bridge across the Willamette.

The station could be a bit confined for a long PU and boat, but both islands have E0 fuel. When exiting the station to go east into Salem, be very careful because traffic can be continuous, heavy, and faster than the 50 mph posted (personally, I would avoid trying to exit east with a trailer except during off hours). Exiting to go west toward the Coast would be much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.