IFish Fishing Forum banner

Rod Building Video

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  E. Harry 
#1 ·
I found this today, while looking for wrapping tips. How a rod is made from the very start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osz4DpVjomA

It is from one of my favorite shows. My favorite episode was making foil. OK I am boring. History Channel, National Geographic and Science Channel is all I watch.

#3 ·
The national sales manager at lami spent a good 30-45 minutes taking me thru the entire facility...it was my personal version of "Meca" :D...anyhow it was really neat to see it all first hand.

You should have seen there turners were the epoxy set...4-5 foot diameter wheels with spots for maybe 100-150 rods!!!

#4 ·
Gooey,
Every year in April Lamiglas very graciously hosts a two day custom rod builders get together. You should think about coming next year. They open the whole plant up for us and even let a few who let them know early build their own blanks with the help of the Lamiglas staff.
We usually get over 100 custom rod builders from all over the west and even a few from back east.
There will be a number of distributors and manufacturers there showing their stuff and also a bunch of seminars. it is a lot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.