IFish Fishing Forum banner

Ford my-touch sync (rant)

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  blacktail rattler 
#1 ·
My wifes 2011 exploder would be a great rig, if it didnt have sync. What a damn joke it blacks out, freezes up once a week and 3 times quit working all together. I have been in the dealership more in one year than I care to. They keep sending me notices and I go in for updates in between blackouts, but it doesnt help. I really regret getting my-touch sync it sucks! I was approached by fleet sales who sold it to me and asked if I was ready to look at a f-150, I laughed, not if it has sync I said. I contemplated trading in my super-duty (99). Think I will keep it or buy a dodge. Whewww I feel better. Regan Hilton.

#2 ·
Too bad you have issues. Love th Sync in our Focus. Haven't heard many complaints overall.

#6 ·
Sorry to hear you're having issues. SYNC works great in my truck, but I only have the regular version (not touch). Have you tried logging into your account and checking for an update (ie, are you sure the dealer is actually updating the SYNC system)?
yep, we get a notice from ford and we take it in so I assume it gets done. Service manager says his days are full of sync issues, they have a full time tech whos job is mainly tech issues for sync:doh: I wonder if its the my-touch part of it? I am not a techie, I do know it is a hassle. I bought a new car to stay out of the dealership, not go there more often.

#5 ·
DUDE. Might just be a bad unit. I rent a care EVERY week for work and I get a Ford every week for that reason. It makes my life so easy. I just hook my droid up to it and I can make calls, send e-mails, and listen to my music with out taking my hands off the wheel or whatever I am snacking on at that moment. I am a Chevy guy at heart but might buy a Ford just for that reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.