IFish Fishing Forum banner

Need a stock for a Snake Charmer II

29K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  pythonwill 
#1 ·
Yes, you read that correctly.....a Snake Charmer II. The little stainless single-shot .410's are popular up here as halibut guns. A .410 at close range whacks the fish quite nicely, and the stainless construction resists the saltwater splash. Anyway, I picked one up for $50, but it doesn't have a stock.

The manufacturer won't sell me the plastic buttstock unless I have an FFL. Any ideas on where else I can get one?

#3 · (Edited)
Google Gun Parts Co or Numrich Arms (same place, seem to go back and forth on the name).

Or call an FFL and have them order the stock and ship it to you, or keep an eye on fleabay or gunbroker.

WTB ads on some of the gun boards work, too, maybe try a WTB add in the jouster classifieds.

Maybe take a 2x6 and a jigsaw and rough cut a stock, heck, it's just a boat gun.

hth aw

#6 ·
If it is the same gun (black ABS plastic stock and grip), I used to work for the company that molded those stocks. The guns were assembled in Littlefield, Texas and we molded the parts in Lubbock, Texas. You can try to contact Caprock Manufacturing in Lubbock, but I would be suprised if they sell you one. Google them and give them a call.

If it is the one that was manufactured in Littlefield and you can't get one let me know. I may still have some contacts at Caprock that I can call. Good Luck

#7 ·
I thought about the 2x6 option, and it might work. The only problem I see is that the area the stock mounts to the receiver is VERY small. It's no more than about 3/4" square, with a 1/4" bolt through the center. I am concerned that the grain of the wood will not be strong enough to hold it. I can just see pulling the trigger on a halibut, having the stock crack, and the gun goes in the drink. That would certainly ruin a good day of fishing. :(

Thanks, Texan. I just got off the phone with Caprock, and you were right. They won't sell me one. Thanks for the offer to track one down for me, but I think I will just get one ordered. I know a few gunshops I can call, but I just know I am going to get hosed for shipping and $10 or $20 to boot. :mad:

I guess it's the prinicple of the whole thing. Why they won't sell me a PLASTIC STOCK without an FFL? It makes no sense to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.