IFish Fishing Forum banner

The all new ifish magazine! Get involved!

10K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  rpavlick 
#1 Ā·
Hey you guys and gals!

I'm so excited to announce that this month we will be launching the all new "ifish.net Magazine"! I've been thinking about the possibility of this, ever since starting ifish, what? 12 years ago? And, now it's happening!

The ifish magazine will be an all digital, free magazine that you can download and read here on this website. The magazine will include feature articles, editorial, and stories about our ifish members. (And whatever you guys and gals think up!)

We are excited to have our community embrace this magazine as your own, so we need your help, involvement, and input! Volume 1 issue 1 comes out this month!
I would love to have everyone chime in, and tell us what you would like to see in this Mag.

Last but not least, in Celebration of the first issue, we are doing a photo contest!

Please email your best 2012 fishing photos tomagazine@ifish.net.

We are looking for your very best vertical shots that would work well for a magazine cover. From these photos we will choose the first ever cover shot of the ifish magazine!

The member who makes the cover will receive a $100 gift certificate to Fisherman's Marine!

Thanks very much for your feedback!

-Looking forward to your most excellent ideas!

Jen:flowered:

See less See more
#40 Ā·
Awesome! I'm so excited!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I have some updates for you.

* For the first issue we have at least three full fledged "how to" feature articles that have been written by local writers. They are mostly how to fishing articles but we plan to incorporate hunting, tackle coverage and boat coverage in future issues.

* Members who have sent in photos and all who continue to send in photos will be featured in the member photos within the magazine. From those photo senders we will draw one member at random to win a $100 gift cert to Fisherman's Marine! Keep sending them to magazine@ifish.net and please give a little detail as well as your moniker.

* We will have a youth photos section. A few youth photos have come in but lets see some more! Hopefully we can find a sponsor of the youth photos section who will want to give a prize to one lucky young angler each issue! A youth writing contest for future issues is something we are kicking around.

* We need hunting photos for the first edition. Again send to magazinea@ifish.net

* Based on feedback, it looks like a calendar of events would be useful as well as more boating reviews/maintenance coverage. We are seeking this content and while it may not be in the first issue, it will be in subsequent ones.

* We are seeking as much content as possible to make this a balanced magazine with more content than advertising. And the advertising are all direct, mostly fishing and hunting related supporters of ifish.net.

Thanks for all your support and I can't wait!

#41 Ā·
and I love the feature story on the Open Seat thingy!

#42 Ā·
You have all read the back cover of the magazine that had the comedy stories by McMannis. Sort of like "Bill Dance Bloopers". Call it the "Bloopers Page" or perhaps a funny story page but Oh my gosh the very first page ever read was the back cover with McMannis or how ever you spell it. I loved that and his books too!

Sounds like there is a story about Jennies PJ's ready for the first edition. :whistle:

#43 Ā·
Lest I neglect to make a complaint.... I don't want to sound like I'm whining even tho' I guess I am when I say; I'm hoping the digital magazine loads faster than Ifish does since it was sold... :twocents::twocents:

As for the mechanical section... I'd love to contribute to that. My love for fixing up the old antique motors and doing some maintenance on the newer ones is lots of fun.

I also TOTALLY condone the safety aspects. PFD's on before you step foot on the dock/boat. I live by that rule because I've had the misfortune of yanking too many without them out of the water.

#45 Ā·
I'm thinking Featured Rivers, Lakes, Ponds etc.. with detailed maps including Boat Ramps, Names of Holes, Streaches, gravel bars etc... along with Tackle Tips. Also it would be good to add information on surrounding Businesses (restaurants, tackle shops) with contact info and maybe must see sites while in the area?

Brad

#49 Ā·
The magazine will be up to read later next week. Check this out:

This first edition of ifish.net magazine comes out this month and we will have an ifish galley section featuring a member recipe. Please email your recipe to magazine@ifish.net. If we feature your recipe you will win two bags of Petersen Smoker Pucks. Check them out at http://www.petersonpucks.com

Also posted this to the recipes section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.