IFish Fishing Forum banner

More stuff.. Crying Wolf Movie

7K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  daiello91 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Re: More stuff..

Interesting. I know there are some Ifishers that will argue some of this. thanks for sharing

#10 ·
Re: More stuff..

A well done, glitzy propaganda piece. But propaganda just the same.
The choir eats it up though.:wink:
To get a different perspective on this, would you mind explaining why you think it's propaganda? Is the data false? Are the facts not facts? This is not to call you out in a negative way. I'm just interested in your reasoning so I have more to base my conclusions. I'm a lover of wildlife but also support sustainability. Man has always been here (or some version of mankind) keeping things in check. Even if you don't eradicate all of the wolves, is there a method to keep them in check to protect the other wildlife that fall prey to the wolves and lastly, to protect the ranchers? Does it do any good to just take out some of them?

#19 ·
Re: wolf movie from a kid in Montana

Thank you.....watched the whole thing.

#22 ·
I try not to get involved in the discussion of wolves because it does not matter which side is doing the talking you are going to find lots of untruths. I am curious how many have actually spoken with a biologist who is an expert on the wolf re-introduction?? a biologist who was part of the capturing and collaring of the wolves that were brought down from Canada?
People like this guy who did this crying wolf movie, people like Tony Mayer who have the website "saveourelk.com", they have an anti wolf agenda. If a person were to look at the actual numbers of wolf/cattle/sheep kills against what the ranchers are claiming, you would see the numbers just don't add up. At the last fish & game meeting in Boise, one of the leading biologist could not even come up with a number of how many wolves had been killed wore radio collars. Yes IDFG claims there are roughly under 800 wolves in Idaho and one of their own commissioners up in Northern Idaho claims there are at least 2000 wolves in Northern Idaho alone. Everything I have read, the people I have spoke with all tell different stories. Don't get me wrong the wolves need to be managed, but it seems that nobody can agree on an acceptable number. One side wants to manage them at "0" and the other side does not want any killed.

#25 ·
I have a serious question.
After reading how wolves, mountian lions and bears are going to be the end to all deer and elk pops so much on here I am wondering how they ever survived to begin with.
Before humans were here I mean. Is there a place where I can get historical numbers of wolves, mountian lions and grizzly popuations before modern man was here. I have searched a little and I don't really see any historical population numbers. Wouldn't those numbers of these predators be way higher back then than now? If so, how are there even any deer or elk left here in modern times without man killing all these horrible predators back then? Weren't there more elk and deer back the also?
In other words, how did these deer and elk populations survive throughout history without humans killing as many predators as possible?

#26 ·
I have a serious question.
After reading how wolves, mountian lions and bears are going to be the end to all deer and elk pops so much on here I am wondering how they ever survived to begin with.
Before humans were here I mean. Is there a place where I can get historical numbers of wolves, mountian lions and grizzly popuations before modern man was here. I have searched a little and I don't really see any historical population numbers. Wouldn't those numbers of these predators be way higher back then than now? If so, how are there even any deer or elk left here in modern times without man killing all these horrible predators back then? Weren't there more elk and deer back the also?
In other words, how did these deer and elk populations survive throughout history without humans killing as many predators as possible?
Add man to the mix as a preditor and the numbers decreased even more. Man wanted to have more game so the wolves were eliminated. The wolves also killed mans domestic livestock. Now days there is less land for the wild animals to live on. Man eliminated one of the preditors and managed the rest of the preditors and game to allow for harvest of game.

Another thing to rember is the preditor and game populations cycled in abundance and when the abundance became low in an area the preditors moved on and since they were gone the game numbers started to increase. Man devised a different plan. That plan is to not have the game numbers go through such drastic cycles in number. It is called wild game management. With the re-introduction of Wolves the number of allowable game harvest will diminish. Not a very good scenario for those who live in these areas that depend on wild game for part of their food source.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.