IFish Fishing Forum banner

Cabela's in Springfield

6K views 46 replies 37 participants last post by  BigEasy 
#1 ·
Rumor has it that the store will be in the Gateway Mall. Ken

#6 ·
If it's going in to a mall it will be one of there small unimpressive junk stores..
We got one last year in Billings and was not impressed. I have been in some of there "BIG" store and after that the small ones are like a catalog redemption center.I try not to shop Cabalas any way They kill all local Mom and Pop shops ( Like Walmart) and I hate that... And Here is my full Name !! Dale George in Montana !!!:palm::twocents:

#9 ·
I had never been in a Cabela's until I moved to Utah a couple years ago and there's one about 10 minutes from my house. I go into that store I swear at least once or twice a week. I love Cabelas brand products especially their fishing rods and reels. I've been bummed lately because fortunately we're moving back to Oregon in June but I will miss Cabela's a ton. This gets my hopes up though. I hope it's true!

#11 ·
I don't think Eugene/Springfield meets their criteria of having 1 million people within 30 miles.

On the other hand, I have heard rumors of a store in Portland. Given their develoment criteria, that's really the only place in Oregon that satisfies them.

#20 ·
Portland, Springfield, Tangent...all good choices. It would make sense to move further south from Portland as Lacey isn't all that far. I've heard I-5 at the highway 34 exit (about 3-4 miles east of Tangent). Land would be cheaper there than in an urban area. If you look at many of the existing stores, most are not in large urban areas (at least not when they were built) and close to major thoroughfares such as I-5. I've not heard of Cabelas taking over an existing vacant building. I've asked on a couple of occasions at different stores (Lacey, KC, Sidney) how they determine location and one of the criteria seems to be the number of people in a given geographical area (determined by ZIP code) using their catalog sales. If that's true, I recommend that all of us in the valley buy, buy, buy!

#31 ·
i think the 100 acres down the road from me would be perfect here in springfield down by kingsford. the lowes was goin in there but it fell through or on hold not sure... i want to see it farmed again but if any store was going to go there i wouldnt mind Cabela's :D

#33 ·
:doh: Why did you say that. It's one of those bitter sweet things. I'm going to love it but now I'm going to be even broker than before. Why did you have to let us know? :palm:

#34 ·
The rumor around the Tangent thing was squashed several years ago there were articles in the paper about. There corporate denied anything about a store being built there. Funny how one person knows the engineer working on the plans for the Springfield area and the other says the real estate deal is almost done in Portland. Time will I guess. My guess all rumor, but would love to be proven wrong.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.