IFish Fishing Forum banner

What to do on a rainy day with an 11 year old??

6K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  uhmw 
#1 ·
Got two kids visiting....11 and 8ish. Question is, on a rainy day, what are good options of things to do? Zoo wouldnt be any fun in the rain....so what else? Spruce goose too boring?

Jump in...we need ideas.

#7 ·
Thought about OMSI...but probably boring for the 11 year old. I took my 13 year old sister there a few months ago, and she was pretty bored. Who knows.

What is at the SG exhibit? Is there enough to do there to keep the boys interested/occupied for a while?

#10 ·
Re: What to do on a rainy day with an 11 year old?

"You're not from around here, are you?" RAIN? This isn't rain. OMSI is probably much cooler to an 11 boy than a 13 girl! 13 year old girl wants to be at the mall.

I'm about to leave for a bike ride - Portland Saturday Market.

#13 ·

omsi is not boring for an 11 year old.

I'm 45 and I don't get bored there!!!

:smile:

Jen

#14 ·

LS, I wish I could go with you! That sounds FUN!

I love Sat. Market!

Jen

#15 ·

CT try Safari Sam's in Sherwood - indoor play structure - pretty cool place for young ones - 11 year old may not be interested in it as long as the younger ones, but everyone will have fun. Than afterwards hit the Brew Pub for lunch, than hit GI Joes for the fishing stuff you have not gotten yet!

Pop Warner Football - games going on at Tigard High - Burgers sure smelled good

#17 ·

There's always the Central Library, too ... there are usually Saturday programs for kids, but it's just fun to find all the things hidden in the architecture ... then step outside and take the light rail to the Zoo station where you can see core samples of the west hills and learn about the geology of Portland. If that doesn't work, you could give them 20 minutes with a SawzAll and see if you can fix what they've destroyed. :wink:

#18 ·

Saturday Market, Powells Books or the down town library, Sharper Image to check the new chairs and equipment:yay:, pet store, make candels, Make cookies, visit a music store, build a tree fort, bathe the dog or wash the cars.......
Have fun! :cheers:

#21 ·

I like the Toys R Us option, too. :smile:

I love that store!

Jen

#24 ·
Clackamus aquatic park way cool- wave pool- three big water slides, diving board, county run- affordable fun. also fun for adults. like a indoor water park. they have a awsome play place for the small tykes too heated shallow play place for your 18 month Note: you would need to get in. they also have a nice waiting area. and yes Toysareus is a block away. Clackamus town center is close too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.