IFish Fishing Forum banner

my wifes first bull

13K views 66 replies 60 participants last post by  delanoy 
#1 ·
My wife killed her first bull this morning. We only made it a short distance from the truck when I spotted a herd on the near ridge. After moving about 600yds closer. I spot a 5 point bull and we can not get closer than 400yrds but I know she can make that shot. She sets up on her bipod in the prone position but the bull is facing straight away. After about 5 min he has turned quartering away but we want a full broadside. Then out of nowhere 50 yds to the left this guy steps out. I tell my wife there is a way bigger bull to the left and he is broadside she gets a bead on him and tells me she is ready. I tell her to hold on his spine and let it fly. She fires and I can see he is hit good but tell her to shoot again. The follow up shots were not nessary He is down for good. A bull of this size usualy requires a long gruling pack but not today. The road is 800yrds below us all down hill with a mild grade. I think the smile says it all.:meme::meme:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.