IFish Fishing Forum banner

sand shrimp

10K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  ling killer 
#1 ·
been thinking about digging my own sand shrimp. does anyone have any suggestions as to where and how? thanks in advance

#2 ·
get a sandshrimp pump and umm... where do ya live? i live in toledo and i get mine right outta newport and i do very well theres many locations near the hatfield marine science center... save some 4 me:D

sandshrimp and ghostshrimp sandshrimp r usually smaller and brighter colored, awesome for steelhead

#3 ·
#5 ·
thanks guys! i am from woodland wa. i would be willing to go to oregon or washington beaches. i am kinda in the middle of each. closer to long beach washington. do the holes in the sand look differnt than clams? Thanks again!

Yes, they kind of mound up like a mini Volcano and you will know when your into them as there will be lots of holes , Good luck!!

MD

#8 ·
Nachotta mud flats on the LBP! :excited:

#17 ·
A question while fishing at long beach last week for surf perch I saw a guy with as net looked like a smelt net running the net along the beach in about 4 to 6 inches of water he would stop and take somthing out of the net and put it in his bait box. Sand shrimp? I have never seen this done befor. Damoperator:D

#21 ·
oooohhhh. since were still posting i get them in florence too. way b4 the south jetty..

really you should b able to find them in almost any bay or backwater mud/sand flats, just find the ground that looks holy:pray: lol like swiss cheese and you should b in em

i like hatefield cuz i get horsnecks then come in a lil bit get a few cockles then stop for a few dozen sandshrimp on my way in.

i,ve been thinking of selling sandshrimp so anyone pm me with any info on the best way to go about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.