IFish Fishing Forum banner

Basic Steelhead spin-n-glo rig

35K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  dawhunt 
#1 Ā·
Anyone got a pic of what your basic setup would be using these for Steelhead on the big C, Anyone use a small Mooching rig to fish these to stretch out your prawn?

MD

#2 Ā·
Alright, I saw your thread decided to kinda give you a little help here. The following pictures are how I set up you'll find most people rig generally close to if not exact to this one, :D

Here is the Spin N' Glow set up, I use two #2 hooks and a 20lb leader about 48 inches or so, remember to use beads it helps your Spin N' Glow get a good spin on it. Also you can use bait prawns, eggs etc I don't very often but the 2 hook rig works good for keeping the prawn together and the egg loop holds the eggs,

I attach my Spin N' Glow leader to a swivel and then to my lead line, weight slider with beads at both ends to protect your knots, I suggest about a 30 or 40 lb leader for this and about 30 inches of leader for it,

Here is the top of the whole rig you can either use spreader bars or 3 ways but anyway you attach your lead line to this and main line, and on the last open eyelet, this is optional but you can use another Spin N' Glow just make sure the leader on it is not longer than your lead line... You'll find that this Spin N' Glow will wrap its self around your lead line and make a mess if its too long,

:excited: I hope this helps you out for Summer Run CR Steel, this is a proven rig and works great just make sure you give your cast a nice arc it'll straighten things out before hitting the water, Good Luck and as always post a report of success! :meme:

Dan

#9 Ā·
Thanks for the photos, but have a question. The first two pictures are pretty straight forward....first the spin n glo with beads and hooks, second the slider on main line with beads....attach spin n glo leader's swivel to main line's swivel. No problem.
Confused somewhat on last photo showing spreader and the three way swivel. I was assuming you were dropping the weight off the swivel on the red slider....not understanding how the spreader or three way swivel comes in play.....are you replacing the slider with the spreader?
Flame away...lol.:doh:

#10 Ā·
The use of the spreader bar or 3 way is to attach a second Spin N' Glow just make sure the leader on it is not longer than your middle lead line or you'll have a mess... This is used to cover different depth ranges one off the top and one off the bottom :wink:

Dan

#12 Ā·
I fish the same type of setup but I have another bead about 24-36 inches up from my leader point. After I get the spinglo set I attach a wiggle wart on a 24 inch leader with a duosnap and slide it down the line. I use scent on the sand shimp but I run my plugs with no scent.
After low tide I went uptown and flipped around some structure and banged a little factory brat that had been recycled.
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.