IFish Fishing Forum banner

Value of Pre 64 Mod 94 30-30

54K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Or-Pingman 
#1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone would have an idea of the value of this Winchester Pre 64 Model 94 in 30-30? Average wear for a 50+ year old rifle. No ring or anything fancy. Thinking about selling to buy my son a new hunting bow.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Value of Pre 64 Mod 97 30-30

That looks like a Model 94 to me. They can be worth alot. They vary in value quite a bit. I quit hunting with mine when I found out what it was worth.

#6 ·
Well the good news is its a '94 the bad is that Winchester has & continues too make a whoooooooooole lot of them so depending on condition from about $ 300 to over $ 2,100 if it is one of the rarer special runs or commeratives.:twocents:

#19 ·
Actually, the changes Winchester made in 1964 to lower the cost of manufacturing their products effected all of the guns in their product line. The Model 12 met it's demise in 1964, replaced by a stamped steel Model 1200. There were significant changes to the Model 94 so that less hand fitting was required, and I think the Model 21 became a custom shop only shotgun (not positive). Winchester could not manufacture their guns and keep them competitively priced, so there were changes made.

#11 ·
bingo

#13 ·
The pre-'64 has some relevance to the bluing and finish also. That little screw means alot more than some would suspect. This weapon is both a work horse and a piece of Americana. Whatever you do, don't refinish or over oil the furniture on the weapon.

#15 · (Edited)
If it is a family piece I would not sell it.

My grandpa gave my brother and I two 30-30's one like yours from the 30's and it is a beautiful piece, he still carries it in the brush and it is effective to 150 yds or so.

I got a 1936 Marlin, very rare 30-30 and I still use it. Every time I carry it I think of grandpa!

They made good guns back then and I can tell you that your 30-30 will be worth more in 5 years than a bow will in 5 years. If it is a family piece it is priceless, especially if your grand kids harvest an animal with it like!

If it is not a family piece and you dont use it then I would sell it.

oh and back to the question i would say 400-600 but that is a ball park guess.

#16 ·
20" round barrel with no saddle ring in the condition the pictures show, Book lists $300 at 50% $450 at 80%. With saddle ring pre serial about 1101051 with 20" barrel. 50% $925. 80% $1875.

#18 ·
Condition is everything. Cartrage it shoots can increase the value a lot. orpingmans 30-30 with the poor pictures is almost impossible to grade, date, or get a hint of real value with the data given. From the picture if i was going to offer $ on a 94 presented with the information given. $275 roll it over and see a saddle ring with a serial under 1.1 million it becomes a $750 gun to me. Collectors might value it higher but i doubt it in todays market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.