IFish Fishing Forum banner

Surf perch fishing in Newport?

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Andrew.P.L 
#1 ·
Have anyone tried this year? I'm going to Newport this coming Monday/Tuesday and will fish on the jetty..
Please report.
Thanks

#5 ·
I fished the mouth of Ten Mile creek, south of Yachats a couple weeks ago. I got 4 nice fat perch in a half hour of fishing. :smash:Then the wind picked up so bad, I gave it up. This is a great place to fish for surf perch, can't wait to try it again on a calmer day. Good Luck!! :smile:

#8 ·
"I fished the mouth of Ten Mile creek, south of Yachats a couple weeks ago. I got 4 nice fat perch in a half hour of fishing. Then the wind picked up so bad, I gave it up. This is a great place to fish for surf perch, can't wait to try it again on a calmer day. Good Luck!!"
Hi Drachir, can you show me how to get there? i moved to Portland couple years ago, and very new to the coast.
Thanks in advance.

#9 ·
"Take all the gear you have and plan on losing it, You will.
Get down to the Beach for better and cheaper action.June is better than May.
I wil be holding a surf fishing clinic this summer. If you are interested send me an e-Mail"

Hi Steve, a surf fishing clinic, sounds great. I'll send you an email.
Thank you for your kind offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.