IFish Fishing Forum banner

Good lake with cabins and boats for fishing?

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Snakebite 
#1 ·
My sister and bro in law live in Beaverton and are looking for some lake (East or West side) they can go to and rent a boat, a cabin, and have a pretty good chance to catch some fish. Trout are good, but panfish, bass, etc. are possibilities too. I live in WA so I haven't got a clue where to send them even to search for info. Can anyone point me in the right direction to help with their weekend fishing gataway?

#3 ·
David,

Fish Lake in Central WA has some good fishing and has cabins and boat rentals. Fun lake!! If you do a search on Lake Wenachee rentals you will find some nice homes / cabins on this lake. Also the cove resort has some cabins.
Good luck!

For the sake of the advertisers, please Google Cove at Fish Lake for more information.

#4 ·
David, My wife and I spent our Vacation here the last couple of years and they rent every thing for their guest. Here is there web site, check it out. The fishing is for Rainbows and lake Trout....I meet an ifisher there this year and got a real education.

For the sake of the advertisers, please Google Cultus Lake Resort for more information.

#5 ·
Try Silver Lake Resort. Just north of Kelso/Longview @ the Castle Rock exit. They have motel rooms with balconies that you can fish off of. They have cabins and tent sites. Boat rentals and launch... :dance: :dance:
Molly is the manager!

Enjoy!

#7 ·
All good suggestions... Just keep in mind that the cascade lakes mentioned as well as E. Lake are high in elevation and this time of year the weatehr can be nasty. The fishing can be great but you just need to be aware of what they might run into. Snow, freezing temps, wind etc..... I've woke up many a mornings at East Lake to find the ground and my boat covered in snow or filled with some water from wind waves.... I like it, but some may not.

#9 ·
Lots of places in central Oregon.....East Lake, Paulina Lake, Wickiup (Twin Lakes Resort) Lava, Cultus, Odell, Crescent. All have cabins and rent boats and have web sites and all can be nasty or nice in the fall. Fishing can be outstanding at all of these.........

#11 ·
East lake is a really good place to go. I was up there this weekend and we ahd 1-2 inches of snow on sat, but all of it was gone by mid afternoon. Fishing was average and there were a few big trout. All were in spawning colors, and were so pretty. If you get up there withing the next 2-3 weeks things should be great. :dance:

Dig'em fast & set the hooks hard! :yeahthat:

RazorClam

#13 ·
One thing about some of these lake with cabins are, you got to make reservation early, really early!

#14 ·
One thing about some of these lake with cabins are, you got to make reservation early, really early!
Very true Joe. At Paulina there's a long waiting list. A friend has a cabin reserved each year for Memorial Day week. It took him a long time to get it. Only if he cancels out would it be available to someone else...who's on the waiting list. He would also relinquish his future rights to the cabin from that point on, and have to get back on the list to start all over again :help:. Supply and demand in action.

They do have some great campgrounds on the lake however! :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.