IFish Fishing Forum banner

knife sharpening places??

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  SImudBogger 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can take my hunting knives to get them sharpened? I tried with my lansky kit but could only get a decent edge on one knife. Usually I take them to the sportsman's show since kershaw will sharpen them for free, but I have an elk hunt next weekend and will need both of them. Eastside of town preferred, but I might take them into kershaw since I work out that way.

#5 ·
It is a business, and he is a guy. I forgot his name, lost his card and his business name was Edgemaster. He changed the name after someone said he took their name, and decided it was easier to change the business name than to fight it in court. He has a full shop in a separate building behind his house. He knows his stuff. He also has a drop off box on the left side of his garage for leaving stuff if he isn't in.

You can get all that and more if you call him. He has sharpened many of my blades and knives in the past, but I haven't been there in a few years. I can't believe I forgot his name.

#17 ·
I just had a co-worker tell me about this sharpener, sounds like it is the real deal.

Well, put thoses knives to work SImudBogger!

#16 ·
Took my stuff to Tom today. Wow, pretty impressive setup. My knives are nothing fancy, kershaw blackhorse and echo, and a cheap uncle Henry with a fake bone handle. Tom offered to sharpen them while I waited but I didn't have any cash so I'm picking them up tomorrow. I forgot my hatchet but he said he would do it for me tomorrow when i come in. He sharpened the blachorse for me right then and there just to show me what he produces. The edge is unlike anything ive seen, super polished and ridiculously sharp. I even got a little knife education while I was there. Its $6 to get a regular size hunting knife sharpened and I think its worth every penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.