IFish Fishing Forum banner

Official Springer Report 2013

668K views 2K replies 585 participants last post by  Spin84 
#1 ·
Is it too early to start sending in the reports? I know there a couple Ifishers reporting some catch already. I'm getting by boat ready as I write. What was the projected return for the Willy this year? 60K? Good luck to everyone out there this year!

#59 ·
I'm going out tomorrow to get a feel for this barb less fishing. Spent a good part of an hour pinching the barbs down, sore hands now. I'm going to wait on the rest, doing the PU (pinch and use) while in the boat. When they start selling the barb less I'll change out my plugs.

#79 ·
Here is a Cowlitz springer from last year.
The way the meat is splitting in this pic tells me that the fish was not kept on ice - not keeping fish on ice will cause them to "tan out" :twocents:

#81 ·
5 cent. Did you not see the big white cooler.Fish was in cooler on ice and pull out a minute before my first attempt at eyefish's fillet o fish. If that was a fall fish it would be a tule:eek: And it's not a winter chinook they don't rear winter at the salmon hatchery.So lets look at it this way. What did that fish eat when it was out at sea? If it was eating herring the meat would be red right,but if it was eating krill the meat is going to be paler.

#84 ·
The meat could have paled up due to Sealion stress.
But Im no biologist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.