IFish Fishing Forum banner

Pikeminnow fishing for the sport reward program?

22K views 63 replies 35 participants last post by  whiskeyfishing 
#1 ·
Is it worth it, to focus your efforts into getting geared up to try and make it a viable way to earn money in this sour economy?

#40 ·
there is something like only 70-80 people even get to the 8 dollar fish the ten percent rule really does apply to pikeminnow fishing them russians say there bait is a secret so there obviously using something other than what is talked about on forums and such but it is all for the greater good for saving smolts

#48 ·
I had a neighbor that was in program for a while he said he'd made around 34k one year, I later heard he was kicked out of program for catching fish outside bounty area and turning them in, and/or having some one else sign in for him (?), I do know he stoped fishing them but he didn't go in to deatil when I asked him why, prior to hearing about him being kicked out. I guess this shows there is abuse but also appears some accountability. I just can't justify ruining my past time turning it into a job....if I was unemployed or retired perhaps I'd feel different. Wonder how much overhead top earner had to make 80k, seems the top earner may be making better money then some guides and doesn't have to deal with all the stuff/$ involed with being a guide. I know my nieghborhad a 18' sled and a little Livingston with small outboard which he actually preferred to the bigger boat, he mentioned chicken gizzards, livers, and hearts he used a loomis 1141s fished at night all next day and turned in fish I believe, the following evening which may have been part of his cheating as I thought you had to check in and out everyday. Good luck to you guys giving it a go!

#60 ·
Iv'e been fishing pikeminnow for at least 10 yrs now and still look forward to it every year, more so than salmon fishing. My kids just love it and make a little extra Money too. My son, he counts down months before the season starts again.
I spend much more than I make every year, but to me it's worth it, Can't wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.