IFish Fishing Forum banner

Ticks...

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  KingSlew 
#1 ·
So how are the dang ticks this year?

#2 ·
Same as always...
:bigshock:

The guy I hunted with Saturday had some kind of a tick wipe...Napkin looking thingy with tick killer on it...Wanted to know if I wanted some..I told him I thought it didn't do any good and no ,but thanks anyway...

He found 4 on him while I didn't find any...

Hmmmm??

Tick wipe or tick attracter??

Who knows?...LOL

#3 ·
Even one is bad. I think in some areas they are horrible. I picked up about ten in 20 minutes one time in the dead of winter. Some areas seem to be really aweful. I gave up on one spring bear area because of ticks. It was an unproven area anyway, but they were really bad.

Last year I started wearing gaitors and spraying them down with DEET. I've done the same this year, but I still picked one up tonight. I did a little bit of brush busting. It could have landed above the gaiters. I check myself every few minutes for those buggers. I seem to mostly have problems in the spring, but I do pick them up at other times.

I advise all to be careful. Lyme is bad news.

#6 ·
I hate Ticks to. So you are not alone.

My Daughter just moved to Massachusetts and She says Ticks are every where as thick as fleas on a dog's back. Big ones at that.

DAB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.