IFish Fishing Forum banner

Buying a Smoker- Traeger or Little Chief

27K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  steelers 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a smoker. I was looking at Treggors and saw that they have the ability to easily switch from a BBQ to a smoker. Has anyone smoked with Treggor? How do you like it? I hear they are killer BBQ's.

#35 ·
I would buy a little cheif for smoking fish and a smoke hollow propane smoker (smaller one) from Bi-mart. they sell for $99 on sale for $79

I just got a smoke hollow from bi-mart, makes great ribs, chicken (whole and cut up) and turkey and such. Guy at work says also does great pork butts for pulled pork sandwich. My wife just got me about 10 pounds pork butts, going on the smoker saturday.

Attachments

#39 ·
Love this thread as it clears up a lot. My Traeger works great for meats that you have alot of time - turkey, roasts etc. My wood box home made smoker (dry wood fire) is awesome for salmon etc. But when it comes to having a super grilled steak - My old beat up Webber beats everything out there. Some one mentioned BBQPitBoys.com - I went on and what a great site - answers alot of questions - boy do those boy's know how to eat!:excited:

#43 ·
Buy a Bradley smoker! I love mine, and all my friends do to. It is by far the best smoker i have ever owned. It is a truled set it and forget it smoker. Salmon is amazing with it, jerky. you can cool full birds. It is a little pricy, but nothing like a traeger.

Oh by the way, i have owned a little chief, and a propane smoker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.