IFish Fishing Forum banner

Jig Swap Details

3K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Willow Drifter 
#1 Ā·
We are off and running. The first official Ifish Jig Swap.

We will limit our swap to the following participants:

Gregor (RECEIVED) :smile:

Sparkle Boy (RECEIVED) :smile:
Purple Body, Cerise Schlappan, Blaze Orange Head

Oversize

JeepMcMuddy (RECEIVED) :smile:
Marabou Tail, Chenille Body, Hackle Collar

Flywrapper (RECEIVED) :smile:
White Body, Brown Palmered Hackle, Dark Brass Head

C-lice (RECEIVED) :smile:
Pink bead body, white tail.

Twitchs_Tackle (RECEIVED) :smile:
Purple/white.

First Cast (RECEIVED) :smile:

Sparse Gray Hackle (RECEIVED)

Steelymann (RECEIVED) :smile:
Custom Dumbbell Jig

Slugranch
Will provide molds and supplies if needed.

Here are the details:

1. All jigs must be hand-tied by you. This isnā€™t an Atlantic Salmon fly tying competition so donā€™t be worried about having the best, most intricate jig. This is about fishing and having fun.
2. Tie a total of 11 jigs (you will get one of your own jigs back); this makes it easier to swap out to everyone.
3. Pack and ship all of your jigs in a padded envelope. Include a padded envelope with the shipping attached to it (the same amount of shipping as it takes to send it to me). If you want delivery confirmation or insurance include that as well.
4. Please have all of your jigs to me by December 10, 2003. That will give everyone 30 days to have his or her jigs tied and shipped to me. My address is:

Todd Kramer
P.O. Box 870091
Wasilla, AK 99687-0091

5. I will swap them and send them back to you by December 17, 2003.
6. As I receive the jigs in the mail or as people decide what they are going to tie, I will update this post. That way we can all keep track of progress.
7. If you need any supplies please contact Mark at First Cast Jigs. He is great to work with and can help you with any materials or suggestions.

Please let me know if these details are good for everyone. I also have some jigs tied for Jennie that I will get into the mail on Wednesday, just to make sure we are in safety compliance.

Thanks for participating and have a Great day.

[ 12-15-2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Willow Drifter ]

See less See more
#2 Ā·
I am excited for this myself sparkleboy. Fishing up here is starting to slow down and I need something to keep me busy in the evenings. Fortunately I have the Anchor River Steelhead on the weekends.

#6 Ā·
Good day fellow swappers. I received a nice message from Twitchs_Tackle bringing up a good point. The total swap is for 11 jigs. If you would like to add an additional jig for Jennie then I will make sure they get to her.

Thanks again for participating. Have fun.

[ 11-15-2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Willow Drifter ]

#7 Ā·
Fellow Swappers-

I got our first set of jigs in the mail from Twitchs-Tackle. :dance:

It was a blast opening up the first envelope and seeing these 12 BEAUTIFUL jigs. The jigs are purple and white with a little flash and brass bead, and they look like they are totally bomb proof.

Thank you so much Twitch for joining the swap. You have some fantastic jigs.

As a little side note to everyone participating in the swap. Please include postage on your return envelope. If you forget please don't worry I will send it for you, I just don't want to have to send a ton out. :smile:

Thanks to everyone. I am sure you will all love getting the jigs in the mail. I am looking forward to seeing more of them.

#9 Ā·
Oops, sorry Willow, I guess in my haste to get them out I forgot to put the postage on the inside envelope, if you want, keep the 'oddball' jig to help compensate for some of the shipping. :grin:

Anxious to see what the other will look like...the fish are coming! :dance:

#10 Ā·
C-Lice, I can't wait to see them. They sound awesome.

Twitchs....No worries at all. :smile: I will send an extra one along as a trade for the oddball. Sound good? :cheers:

#22 Ā·
Ultralight, if you still cant find 'em I didnt pour my own, I bought unfinished jigs (they had 'em on Owners and Eagle Claws, I went with Owners) at joes, and found the powdered hot dip paint for the heads at Fishermens. (but if you have time, get them from Mark as he is an iFish sopporter!)

Mark- Those Hybrids look Sweeeet! Can wait to try and fish them all!!!

[ 11-30-2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: JeepMcMuddy ]

#25 Ā·
First Cast
Pretty sweet looking jig. The epoxy on mine are drying now (epoxy you say!?) A weird experiment that has paid off numerous times. My number 1 jig by far. The big boys (and girls) like it especially. You'll know the jig when you see it. Weird looking thing.

Willow Drifter -
I too, am sending some extra jigs for Jenny. I put some "normal" looking jigs in there for you also. Thanks for hooking this up. Will remember postage. I'd put up some pics but can't seem to get the hang of posting.

~steelymann~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.