IFish Fishing Forum banner

Favorite Powerbait colors?

44K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  brewsterpq21 
#1 ·
Hello Ifishers. I was wondering what are your favorite Berkley Powerbait colors for trout? My favorites is orange on sunny days and green on cloudy days.

#3 ·
I just got four jars of Gulp trout paste to try out. :dance: Sherbert Burst, Chunky Cheese, Marshmallow Cluster and Chunky Chartreuse.

#7 ·
Does light conditions affect what color of bait to use? Normally in the early morning and late evening I like to use bright colors. When the sun hits the water I switch to more natural colors.

#8 ·
Does light conditions affect what color of bait to use? Normally in the early morning and late evening I like to use bright colors. When the sun hits the water I switch to more natural colors.
If it works for you, keep doing it. Though I have found that it doesn't really matter what time of day it is, but rather what lake I'm fishing. There always seems to be a color or two that will out fish any others on that lake, and it changes from lake to lake.

That being said, some of my favorites are chartreuse, orange, pink, and fl. red

#12 ·
oh yes they do. Sometimes they are the ticket among picky fish. We've had a time or two when they wont hit power bait but as soon as you switch to eggs it's fish on!:thisbig: They stay on the hook 100 times better also cause there made from a foamy rubbery material.

#13 ·
My favorite color is whatever is working that day. Chartreuse is what I try first. My next favorite color is hot pink. This year I switched to powereggs & really like them. My favorites for the eggs this year so far would be chartreuse first & then the glitter orange. I've even caught bluegill & perch on those eggs.

#14 ·
All I use is Gulp! Eggs. I carry Green and Yellow and Pink. Favorite rig is 6# mainline, 1/2 oz egg singer above a 3mm green bead and black barrel swivel, 3 to 4 feet of 4# fluorocarbon leader and Gamakatsu #8 red single egg/octopus.

I thread two eggs on with the top egg covering the hook eye with only the hook point/barb exposed.

If I'm fishing from a boat in shallower water (10 to 15 feet), I'll switch to a 1/4 or 3/8 oz sinker if its not windy. This way, there is less weight for the fish to feel when it takes.

#17 ·
I went to Walmart this morning. I bought me a jar of bubblegum color Power Eggs and a jar of salmon egg natural Power Bait. I'm going to go trout fishing in a couple of days.

#18 ·
I always fish w/ a worm if I'm not flyfishing.... but.. my daughters on the other hand have numerously outfished me using sherbert powerbait... I just can't bring myself to use it.. lol

#22 ·
Green Glitter is my go to.

#25 ·
To change the subject a little. Does anyone here use marshmallows for trout? Do they work good? What is the best way to rig them? I have some Atlas cheese and anise mallows to try out.

#26 · (Edited)
To change the subject a little. Does anyone here fish marshmallows for trout? What is the best way to rig them?
treble hook size 13 thread a marshmello down your leader so your marsh mello looks like this
on the hook sits on top use line found on the internet but same set up 18 inch leader on a slider

#29 ·
Rainbow looks to be the most liked color. And for good reason too. It works. Chartreuse seems to be second best. Both good colors. :smash:

#30 ·
i used to buy different colors. over time, I noticed that chartreuse was the one that worked consistently to get bites.

So, I stopped buying the other colors and just buy chartreuse.

To make my supply of chartreuse last even longer, I get a pinch of some other color that I still have leftover. Then, I mold chartreuse over it. Kinda like a hardboiled egg (chartreuse is the eggwhite, and the other color is the yolk). That way, I am using less chartreuse power bait, but still getting the size I need. (I am cheap)

I have also used small styrofoam balls, and molded chartreuse over the foam. Conserves power bait and also gives it extra buoyancy

#32 ·
you're telling me nobody uses the yellow Corn flavor? I started using that with Zeke's, and have followed it through with the Barkley's. I have caught more trout using that flavor, than any other, hands down.
I need to get me a jar of that to try. Thanks! :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.