www.ifish.net

www.ifish.net (http://www.ifish.net/board/index.php)
-   Life in General (http://www.ifish.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   "Nigerian" Scams (http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=283605)

Grant Scheele 12-24-2009 07:04 AM

"Nigerian" Scams

I get a kick out of the scams that I get. Here is one I got yesterday. To bad I am married or this could have been my soul mate. :cool:

Share you favorite ones!:

Dearest One,
I am so happy for your health may almighty God be with you byunderstanding this message.Iwant to tell you that I really want to be inrelationship with you. Though we've notmet before now but it takes oneday for two to be together in unity and peaceful life, I'm Miss FaithMartins. the only child/daughter of late Mrs Helen Martins. Meanwhile, after sending you this message now i will be going to thechurch for prayer warriors meeting, so i am expecting to recieve yourprompt response as soon as i come back please. I lost my parents, and Ihave an inheritance from my late mother, My parents were very wealthy farmers and cocoa merchant when they were alive, Afterthe death of my father, long ago, my mother was controlling his businessuntil she was poisoned by her business associates which she sufferedbefore she died. Before the death of my mother on October 2007 in a private hospital herein Coted'ivoire where she was admitted, she secretly called me on herbed side and disclosed to me about the sum of seven million eighthundred thousand dollers ($7.8million ) she left in one of the financialdeposit firms. It was the money she intended to transfer overseas for investment beforeshe died, She also instructed me that I should seek for a foreignpartner in any country of my choice who will assist me transfer thismoney in overseas account where the money will be save and invested . wisely, Because of the current political problem here in Ivory Coast Idecided to transfer the money to abroad where it will be save andinvested, therefore, I am crying and seeking for your kind assistance inthe following ways: (1.) To make arrangement for me to come over to yourcountry to further my education, and to secure a resident permit for mein your country. I have decided to offer you any percentage of your choice Of the totalamount for your willingness to help me, Please kindly response to mymail immediately with your full personal information, So that I will goto the financial firm and get their contact information for you tocontact them on my behalf. Here Is My tel:+22508829027.I will scan one of my pic for you as soon as i recieve your promptresponse, Thanks for your understanding may God bless you in Jesus nameAmen, Miss.Faith Martins.

FrogPond 12-24-2009 10:01 AM

Re: "Nigerian" Scams

I got one like that the other day...but my girl had better grammar.:D

kdr1 12-24-2009 10:14 AM

the most amazing thing about these scams are that there are actually people that fall for them.

HeavyMetal BankFisherman 12-24-2009 11:20 AM

If you don't want her let me have her. Sounds like my kind of girl.

Central OR Bowhunt 12-24-2009 11:24 AM

Did Shirley not think her other relationship was not going to work? it's good that shes getting back out there:D

Abalone 12-24-2009 12:32 PM

Her she is, she's all yours.

http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/ugly.JPG

Hook-Line-N-Sinker 12-24-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdr1 (Post 2888408)
the most amazing thing about these scams are that there are actually people that fall for them.

This is the part that gets me too. They wouldn't waste their time running these scams if they weren't profitting from them....:passout:

Ifishsum 12-24-2009 02:19 PM

There are some funny web sites where folks string along these scammers, sometimes quite elaborately - and post the results. Called "scambaiting", there are some hilarious reads. Folks even get awards for getting the scammers to travel while they're getting scammed themselves :D

look up 419baiter.com and 419eater.com

Seefood Man 12-24-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abalone (Post 2888552)

THAT IS JUST PLAN N A S T Y !!!!!!

And on Christmas Eve no less :passout:

Da Bank Maggot 12-24-2009 03:29 PM

Naw, I never get these things, not since I changed my e-mail addy to
fraudninvestigation@FBI. com

Billy Boy 12-24-2009 03:43 PM

Anyone ever get a scam pop-up on your computer that says "Warning your computer is infected with ----", click here to fix. This ends up being, send money to get the infection out of your computer. It's hard to have fun with this type of scam.

HeavyMetal BankFisherman 12-24-2009 03:52 PM

There is also scambuster419.co.uk.

If everyone wasted their time they would have to find a new occupation. I plan on doing my part to waste their time. Plus it is cheap entertainment. I don't know how anyone could fall for these scams.

Captain 40 12-24-2009 06:23 PM

Spiffing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abalone (Post 2888552)

arkansasbasser 12-24-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seefood Man (Post 2888725)
THAT IS JUST PLAN N A S T Y !!!!!!

And on Christmas Eve no less :passout:

Don't be talkin bout my future GF like that. 7.8 million dollars can do wonders in the makeover department.

arkansasbasser 12-24-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Boy (Post 2888859)
Anyone ever get a scam pop-up on your computer that says "Warning your computer is infected with ----", click here to fix. This ends up being, send money to get the infection out of your computer. It's hard to have fun with this type of scam.

Yes and then it's hard to get rid of it. They are the infection.

Grantspastor 12-25-2009 07:14 AM

I don't know what you guys are so cynical about? She sounds like a nice "christian" girl :D (Not so sure about those "prayerwarriors" tho)

This scam has been going on for a long time. I used to get hand written letter at the church 30 years ago before e-mail became the norm

lightning 12-25-2009 09:22 AM

Not Nigerian but who could resist sending their personal info and a copy of their DL for this great deal.:passout:

RIVER ROCK LOANS (APPLY IMMEDIATELY).
Head Office Address ,
Holmens Manical 892 P,
62 KÝbenhavn K, Denmark
Phone : +45 70 123 45
Fax : +45 70 121 081.
Ref: /ABJ/OG-09.

We offer the following kinds of loans and many more;
* Personal Loans ( Unsecured Loan)
* Business Loans ( Unsecured Loan)
* Consolidation Loan
* Combination Loan
* Home Improvement

Please if you are delighted and interested in our financial offer,Do
not hesitate to contact us if in need of our service as you will be
required to furnish us with the following details to commence with the
process of your loan sum accordingly. This Managment gives out all loans at
3% interest rate.

FULL NAME:.............
ADDRESS:....................
PHONE NUMBER: ..............
MONTHLY INCOME..............
LOAN AMOUNT NEEDED:.........
LOAN DURATION...............
Email:......................
ATTACH COPY OF IDENTITY CARD.
Reply urgently so that we can proceed further with this transaction.
SEND ALL EMAILS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS : riverrockloans@gmail.com

Regards,
RIVER ROCK LOANS,
Holmens Manical 892 P,
62 KÝbenhavn K, Denmark

Pilar 12-26-2009 06:37 AM

The warning about spyware scam is called scareware. Alt + F4 (hit both keys same time) closes the scareware window or any other windows application you want to exit. If you click on the scareware window anywhere including the X it will often install itself.

And there is always the power button on the power strip. That stops any unwanted install. Aren't you glad Microsoft does not build cars?

Bass-ackwards 12-26-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyMetal BankFisherman (Post 2888469)
If you don't want her let me have her. Sounds like my kind of girl.

Naaaa! Didn't even mention fishing one time.:D

Spindrifter 12-29-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyMetal BankFisherman (Post 2888872)
I don't know how anyone could fall for these scams.

My Father-in-law :passout: He frequents Adult Friend Finder and someone got him for a few hundred dollars.....:whistle:

hobbes1171 12-31-2009 12:15 PM

I also got one .... she said I was her soul mate ... lol funny russian girl lol
Share you favorite ones!:

Dearest One,
I am so happy for your health may almighty God be with you byunderstanding this message.Iwant to tell you that I really want to be inrelationship with you. Though we've notmet before now but it takes oneday for two to be together in unity and peaceful life, I'm Miss FaithMartins. the only child/daughter of late Mrs Helen Martins. Meanwhile, after sending you this message now i will be going to thechurch for prayer warriors meeting, so i am expecting to recieve yourprompt response as soon as i come back please. I lost my parents, and Ihave an inheritance from my late mother, My parents were very wealthy farmers and cocoa merchant when they were alive, Afterthe death of my father, long ago, my mother was controlling his businessuntil she was poisoned by her business associates which she sufferedbefore she died. Before the death of my mother on October 2007 in a private hospital herein Coted'ivoire where she was admitted, she secretly called me on herbed side and disclosed to me about the sum of seven million eighthundred thousand dollers ($7.8million ) she left in one of the financialdeposit firms. It was the money she intended to transfer overseas for investment beforeshe died, She also instructed me that I should seek for a foreignpartner in any country of my choice who will assist me transfer thismoney in overseas account where the money will be save and invested . wisely, Because of the current political problem here in Ivory Coast Idecided to transfer the money to abroad where it will be save andinvested, therefore, I am crying and seeking for your kind assistance inthe following ways: (1.) To make arrangement for me to come over to yourcountry to further my education, and to secure a resident permit for mein your country. I have decided to offer you any percentage of your choice Of the totalamount for your willingness to help me, Please kindly response to mymail immediately with your full personal information, So that I will goto the financial firm and get their contact information for you tocontact them on my behalf. Here Is My tel:+22508829027.I will scan one of my pic for you as soon as i recieve your promptresponse, Thanks for your understanding may God bless you in Jesus nameAmen, Miss.Faith Martins.[/QUOTE]