IFish Fishing Forum banner

The 2014 Official Spring Chinook Thread

686K views 2K replies 568 participants last post by  Chrome brights 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
:excited:

I saw that we had one Chinook pass Bonneville dam on January 1. Right on schedule.. Yes it could be a lost king.. Maybe a lewis river winter king...? I doubt it... But I am just getting excited and thought it was time to have this post started... Good luck, be safe out there, and remember last year's first was caught super early!!

#4 Ā·
Re: The 2014 Official Spring Chinook Thread... 'Springa-Time!!'

almost all the gear is ready to go. got some quiks and such from my secret santa that i cant wait to use. now im working on getting my new to me boat ready to go. new seats from steve aka tony mecili are ready to mount as soon as my buddy gets my new plywood benches done. new rod holders mounted. inside of boat is painted. next is a new axel then im ready. bring on the springers. my wife says that in the last month i have spent more time working on the boat then i have spending time with her. springer fever babe. :meme:

#5 Ā·

Its about time this thread began.

#6 Ā·

I think ill dabble a bit tomorrow I started that way today then had to turn around to help the prego wife with some honey-do's. Ill be out of ridgefield tomorrow of anyone is bored! ;)

#9 Ā·

I am super stoked for this years springer run. After my rookie season, and a small boat, i've upgraded to a bigger boat, and a little more experience... If any of you experienced guys wanna roll along and help me out I'm sure i can find room in the boat!!:flag2:

#18 Ā·

Saw a boat trolling the Portland harbor last weekend, must be time to start getting everything ready.
If the water stays low ,Feb. can be good on the Willamette.

#24 Ā·

this is a reports thread.
reports only please

#38 Ā·

Never caught one :palm: and haven't tried either but would love to can these be caught from the bank ? what general method ? Pm if ya want
Here is some awesome info for fishing springers off the beach.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=361661&highlight=plunking+tech

I do not have a boat, and only fish from the bank, and do just fine. It just takes a bit of time to get everything dialed in. Casting, rigging Etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.