Discussion Board  |  Photos  |  Blogs  |  Videos  |  Directory  |  Kilchis Weather  |  Tides  |  Marine Info  |  AUP  |  Contact/Advertise  |  ifish Decals/Store

Carmen Macdonald

A passion for fishing products and fisheries management has grown into a career that's included Alaskan guide, media sales,writer and board member of NSIA. My company, Vaunt Marketing, represents industry-leading brands in the US and Canadian markets.

Search This Blog

December 18, 2013

North River and Clemens Replace Wounded Warrior Boat

by Carmen Macdonald

Tuesday, December 17th was a good day for Puyallup, Washington's Jeff Mason.

About a month ago, Mason's 20-foot North River was stolen from his home in broad daylight. A new neighbor actually watched it happen, but did not think much of it in the daylight.

What separates Mason's boat from many thousands of other North River hulls in the market was its purpose. Mason, having retired from 34 years with 7-Eleven as a market manger, had the boat custom outfitted to accommodate a wheelchair. His retirement endeavor was to be Fish'n Trips For Heroes, a non-profit with a singular goal "To take Wounded Warriors in the Warrior Transition Battalion, over at JBLM, out on one-on-one fishing trips in the Northwest," said Mason.

Word spreads quickly, and in no time the news had made it to the North River factory, Clemens Marine and North RIver CEO Brent Hutchings.

In a shorter amount of time than it took for me to hear about the story, North River and Clemens had replaced Mason's boat, yesterday in fact.

101.9 Kink FM has the interview and full story.

More about Mason and his stolen boat from Komonews.com.

Merry Christmas to all, and thank you to the members of our armed forces, active, retired, wounded and not.

Comments (6)

quackersnacker wrote 7 months ago

Fantastic job everyone!

Big Hairy Dawg wrote 7 months ago

Well done North River and Brent Hutchings!

Stew wrote 7 months ago

I think I know where I'll go when I want a new boat. Great job all around and thank you Jeff for taking care of our veterans!

fishinman wrote 7 months ago

Good job to the both of them.

duckslayer wrote 7 months ago

Simply AWESOME!

Bites on wrote 6 months ago

I love a good fell good story.....thanks for shareing

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!

CONTACT IFISH.NET | IFISH COMPLETE DIRECTORY
All information and pictures on ifish.net are © www.ifish.net
Terms of Service
All Coast Media Network 2 Cool Fishing Noreast.com Stripers247.com All Coast Ifish.net